Do I Need Contracts? (Yes.)
Contracts outline the rules for your business, apps, and software. Like playing a football game with no rules, not having terms of service exposes you to greater risks. Contracts are, essentially, a code of conduct framework, and having one protects your assets.
How Can I Protect Myself?
If you provide business services to your clients or customers you’ll need a strong contract in place to ensure that you’re protected.
In addition, if you’ve got services agreements or other vendor agreements you’ll need to ensure that these agreements are fair and don’t leave you holding the bag if something goes wrong.
Protect Your Company and IP
Millions of companies and businesses lack the proper contractual protections leaving them exposed to costly litigation. If you don’t understand your agreements you won’t know what risk you’ll have to your business. While ignoring these problems may work for a short term, in the long run, you’re putting your business at risk…skydiving without a parachute.
Legally protect your business, affordably.
What Sets Us Apart
Think all lawyers are tech savvy? Here’s a test: Crash a Bar Association mixer and ask an attendee their thoughts on Ethereum smart contracts.
Don’t be surprised by the blank stares.
We, however, are tech enthusiasts; we’re also lawyers who stay up-to-date on the latest government regulations that affect online businesses.
What can we do for you?
Our legal services are customized to your needs. You can be totally hands on — or hands off — during the drafting process; the choice is yours.
- Customized Drafting— Contracts specifically drafted for your website, game, app, or software that will protect you and your business.
- Business Review — In addition to contracts our tech lawyers can assist you with reviewing your business practices to ensure that you stay out of legal trouble.
- Document Readability — All of our documents are written in plain English so that you and your users both understand each other’s responsibilities.
- Understanding of Internet and Technology Laws — Our experience with Internet and tech laws will help protect your online business.
- Competitive Rates — We offer competitive rates to ensure that you don’t break the bank.
- Quick Turnaround Time — Leveraging our technology and know how we’ll have your documents turned around quickly.
- Focus on Customer Service — We treat all our new and potential clients as long term clients to ensure that each client has a great experience using our legal services.
Let us worry about your website agreements and legal policies, so you can focus on your business.
USING THE US COPYRIGHT PROCESS TO PROTECT YOUR E-COMMERCE BUSINESS
At TOSlawyer.com we regularly get calls from our e-com clients about unscrupulous businesses stealing/copying our client’s photos or marketing content. As an online retailer your content IS the cornerstone of your business because it’s how you sell products and generally if your marketing content is good it wasn’t cheap to create.
With the increasing incidences of consumer data breaches, entreaties for stronger data privacy protections and regulations have grown stronger. As per the US federal government’s reluctance to salvage the situation, many of the 50 US state governments appear to have taken the bull by its horn. These states’ have, through…
Intermediary liability refers to the legal culpability of internet intermediaries in respect of the illegitimate, illegal, or harmful activities carried out by their users. For such culpability to arise, such user(s) must have performed such illegitimate activity(ies) through the intermediary’s offered service. The responsibility thus devolves on intermediaries such as…
Taking On-site security measure: Soon after the risks to data are collated, the next line of action would be to take appropriate physical data protection and damage measures. That can be achieved by making use of commercial record centers to store confidential hard copy documents and files. Such facilities keep…
As governments around the world each race to put together updated data protection and privacy regulation frameworks that secures the interests of their citizens, one thing is for sure – businesses have no choice but to comply. However, many businesses out there have developed cold feet, perhaps because the word…
Defining privacy policies and procedures: Amongst other things, most of today’s data privacy and protection laws and statutes require many businesses to update or create more privacy policies, in addition to the implementation of several privacy procedures. Data-centric businesses may thus have to, in operationalizing best data protection practices, create…